Spirit Contracts and Karma
We all are given the freedom to choose - in a general outline or in speciic detail - our life, path and purpose. However, many (if not most) choices have already been made and set into motion a very very long time ago (waay before our current incarnation). And once set into play, even if our human self does not like the current direction or results of such choices, it becomes very hard if not impossible to change course, especially after we have committed outself to such choices with binding energetic contracts that involve other souls... and God.
The Soul Agenda
As part of our pre-birth planning for any one or many of our lives to come, we made binding energetic commitments, agreements or contracts that involved not just our self, but many other souls who agreed to co-create their futures with us (parents, partners, children, teachers, etc). All these beings signed their names upon these etheric documents (held in a special place), and in its time, these contracts are activated.
There are many different sorts of “Agreements” or “Contracts”.
"Worldly Contracts" form the basic material structure of our outer life such as where and when we are going to be born, who our parents are to be, what schools we are to attend and teachers we are to learn from, who we are to marry, who is to be our children, what work we are going to do, when we are to die, and so on.
The soul’s heart felt desire to serve a "Higher Purpose" in life is formalized in Spirit as our "Spiritual" or "God Contracts", which is to say, how we are going to partake of the opportunity to be a "Co-Creator" of the "Grand Plan" with God. Many of these tasks are to be of service to the Spiritual Hierarchy, selflessly helping ones fellow humans in whatever way possible (such as becoming a healer, for ex).
Why are some souls not able to know, express, or manifest their Purpose?
Over the course of many lifetimes (on this and or other dimensions), it is common to accumulate loads of “karmic” junk (stored layer upon layer within our consciousness and energy field). In addition, over this same period of time, various tramatic experiences may have occured to cause the soul to fracture and scatter into many many pieces. As a result, our ability to access the full magnitude of our own divine light and power, as well as our ability to know, express or manifest our purpose... is severely limited or even completely blocked off.
The good news is that this can be cleared up and restored through this healing work.
The other factor in our ability to fulfill our purpose (or not) has to do with ego resistance. For more informaton on that subject, please read further on down this page or follow the links below:
Spiritual Ego - Shadow Ego -Integrity - Fear - Attachment
Resistance - Surrender - Choices - Free Will
One can’t really speak of contracts without the topic of “Karma” coming up – they really go hand in hand. "Karma" is sometimes considered life's "hard knocks" - the many unpleasant experiences a soul goes through here on planet earth. Some others would interpret "Karma" to be "divine retribution" or a punishment from God against those who sin. But by definition, "Karma" simply means the forces of action and reaction - the law of cause and effect. "Karma" is like Newton's laws of physics that states "every action has its equal and opposite reaction"... or as said in the BIble "you reap what you sow". All things you have ever done in the past returns to bite or bless you in the future. In other words, "Karma" is a cyclic energy – “what goes around comes around” (what you put out you get, harming or praising you). "Karma" is the universal law of justice that balances the energetic forces of your life - there is no escaping it - everyone is personally responsibility for all that they have ever done. Karma also has no time limits - if in one moment in one life you set in motion a particular energy, you might not immediately reap the fruit of it until many years or many lives later. But If one plants a seed in the ground, that seed will eventually grown into a tree - this is "Karma".
Intent and Energy
Intent and energy makes a huge difference in regards to good or bad karma.
It is not necessarily the "good acts" we perform that creates "good karma" as much as it is the good intent and positive energy we perform such acts with. One can perform so called "good acts" with bad intent and negative energy, but this might not result in the best possible outcomes. In regards to the physical universe, certain purely physical acts can be done with any intent and energy and still give the same so called good results. For example, if you press the on switch of your TV feeling anger, your TV would still turn on. But when you add the human component and the extra layers of nuance in feelings... things get a bit more involved. For example, its the difference between saying "I Love You" to someone in a sweet gentle sincere voice... and saying "I Love You" in a nasty, sarcastic bitter voice. The outer words are the same, but the energy and intent behind them are different. The recipient feels the difference and will react accordingly.
What is determined as “good” by our ego-mind (and societies norms) is usually a mental judgment and not necessarily of the highest truth. And though by doing things that society validates we may be outwardly accepted and praised, it doesn't set us on the fast track to Heaven, especially if we are still inwardly troubled by bad spirits and hidden dark deeds.
"Not by works of rightousness are we saved but only through the Grace of God"
Heaven is a state of mind, not a material location we earn our way to by worldly acts. Yet as humans we must act... and if such acts come from a pure heart, then we relish such goodness in ourselves and radiate that out into the world. This is “good karma".
“Good karma” is when you send a positive energy out into the world - a positive energy will eventually come back to you. If a man praises his wife... who praises her son... who pets the dog... who fetches dad’s newspaper - this is good karma (even if the dog chews up the paper before delivering it -its still a dog and dogs like to chew, so let's not read too much into this). But on the deeper levels, it’s the “positive energy” behind the feelings that count as good karma, not the outward appearance of the act.
The only problem we may have with good karma is when we - our ego mind - gets attached to the results of our actions and wants to have them for ourselves. When we do this, the cycle of our prosperity can shut down. Just like love, good karma is an intangible we allow to flow out and receive back in with open arms. We cannot put it on our mantle place as a trophy, we cannot possesses it like a thing. When we start to do this, we turn a good thing into a bad. Instead of expanding and freeing up our soul, it traps, contracts and binds us further to our ego-mind. This is “bad karma”.
“Bad karma” is when you send a “negative” (contracting and limiting) energy out into the world - a negative energy will eventually come back to you. It’s the man who yells at his wife... who yells at her son... who kicks the dog... who chews up the newspaper and bites the dad (a classic example of bad karma, esp. the biting part). Each time you negatively react to the smallest events you are adding a little bit more to the emotional and energetic "spin"... a little here... a little there... gathering energy... building steam... escalating the whole mess till the reactions get way out of hand. This is the cascading affects of karma, and it is quite powerful and dangerous and may last a very long time (lifetimes in fact). To break bad karma takes a powerful act of spiritual Grace – the healing Grace of love and forgiveness.
Considered ones "bad karma" are all the disharmonious thoughts, words and deeds you have ever done - contradictory to the universal laws of harmony and love. These exist within ones dimensional energy bodies as negatively charged "vortices" or "spins" of energy - also known as "samscaras" - which distort and block the life flow. These "samscaras" can also be likened to scratches or gooves in a record: at first such scratches are superficial, but the more one repeats (reinforces) a negative behavior (habit), the more it eventually become deep groves or compulsions (like most addictions). At that point it takes much inner processing and healing to remove these grooves or patterns from ones energy field, consciousness and ego-mind.
We are always in choice to react or not react to someone’s actions towards us. If the mom did not react to dads yelling at her, and she did not yell at her son, then the son would not have kicked the dog and dear old dad would not have gotten bitten. However, karma is tricky... one must ask - why did the dad yell in the first place? What were the events that created that to happen? Then of course, we have to look at what happens within the mom if she takes on such “abuse” and doesn’t outwardly react. There still may be an internal reaction going on within her body-mind-emotions, and if so, that would naturally build up and eventually explode or be projected out in some way towards someone else at a later time. But if dear old mom was able to transform and purify (with love and forgiveness) that negative (contracting and limiting) karmic energy then the cycle would be broken. This is what Jesus did: by forgiving (transforming) the “sins” (negative karma) of his tormentors, he broke a long chain of collective karma.
In every moment of our life we are always in choice to create new and or perpetuate the ongoing cycle of old karmic energies sent out from us in the past... all of which must eventually come back to us its creator. And when it does, we must again choose... do we react and add to it... or do we forgive and transform it? (This healing work can assist you to become more effective at transforming your karma).
Karma that is shared in relationships can be very individual specific, linked to a particular soul you have done the "Karmic Dance" - where there is a "negative" charge or whom you have "energy with". In other words, anyone whom you have ever been engaged with in a negative cycle of action and reaction (bad karma) that energy must be neutralized... often by its opposite (quite like an antidote). The biblical quote that epitomizes this teaching is "turn the other cheek" (meaning, return bad acts with good), and in the Lords Prayer "forgive us our trespass as we forgive those who would trespass against us."
As an extreme example... if we were killed by a particular person in one life, the "human" knee jerk reaction thing to do would be to kill that person the next time we had the chance, thus perpetuating and escalating this negative (bad karmic) energy. The "divine antidote" is to neutralize this energy with the spirit of love and forgiveness, directed not only to the other person, but also to ourselves, for we never really knows if (at some distant time in the past) this negative action started with us... and now its re-action is catching up. Does it now stop here... or be perpetuated... ?
And if you have some "good” karma with another person whom you may have a "positive" charge with... if your ego-mind is holding on to them in any way, Spirit may bring you together again to work out your attachments so you may complete the relationship and let them go. In many circumstances (no matter how much love you shared) this may result in the other person moving on in their life path (without you).
Similarly, if you have any “bad” karma with another person with whom you may have a "negative" charge with, Spririt may bring you together again to "finish the dance" before you may be allowed to freely move forward on your path. However, in some situations when that other individual (who you were involved with) is not available (or have since resolved their karma in another manner) spirit may allow a substitute (who has similar issues) take their place.
Relationship karma is the mixed up, unresolved, co-dependant energies and issues that you are sharing with, holding on to and projecting towards another being. As long as there are these sorts of unresolved energies in any relationship, no one is ever really going to be completely free or happy.
This vicious cycle must be broken, but someone must make the first move.
The energy dynamics of relationship karma may set up the belief that "I am not the problem - it’s the other person who needs fixing not me!” Projecting responsibility like this dishonors the choices that led you into such a relationship in the first place. But when you take responsibility for all your choices and actions, you assume the mantle of its power (ie. you are empowered !). Healing has to start somewhere... by making the first move you are "leading by example". And if it's your intention to really help this other, you must focus on healing yourself first. And if you are both sharing in the same karmic energies... when you heal, by extension they heal too.
(generally speaking, most relationships between parents and children, and dating or married couples... involve some relationship karma or karmic agreements).
Karmic Agreements – Karmic Lessons
Where our Worldly Contracts form the basic structure of our lives, Karmic Agreements fill in the details. "Karmic Agreements" are situations specifically designed and chosen so that you may develop "compassion", as in to gain anothers perspective of life. These are the specific life "lessons" that you have chosen to learn for the sake of expanding or broadening your experience of the human condition (especially if you are a new soul to this contracted, limited, dense and dualistic dimension).
The balance of karma is like the swing of a pendulum... when wide and fast, your lessons may be hard and rough... when slow and slight, your lessons may be subtle and fine. Some of these experiences may involve pleasant activities and creative endeavors... others may be painful and traumatic. Carried over from lifetime to lifetime, we rotate from one perspective role to the next: from persecutor (abuser) to victim (abused); wealthy to poor; healthy to sick; student to teacher; man to woman... and so on, and on, and on.... Karmic agreements do not necessarily have to be difficult or hard in order to get their gifts - as you evolve and learn to readily respond to and flow with lifes changes, you may begin to choose lessons having more nuance and flair.
"Karmic Contracts" are predominantly entered into in order to clear negative actions (karma) accumulated in past lives. If we didn't enter into the binding energies of these contracts, we would naturally try to avoid all the "unpleasant" experiences thus missing the important lessons and greater purposes in them. Contracts are our way of compelling ourselves to do something we as a spirit wanted to experience or accomplish in the physical form and not back down later because it may seem too hard. The Contract is our way of ensuring that no matter how forgetful and resistant we become... we will fulfill our contractual duties. Failure to fulfill these karmic contracts also means the soul must reincarnate over and over until it does (and for most souls, loss of freedom and bondage to material density - like prison - is an undesirable option).
The physical and energetic laws of the universe demand balance - one side of the equation must equal the other. No matter how awful certain dramatic events may look from a human standpoint, the laws of Karma are actually quite impersonal and unforgiving. And though we cannot be absolved of nor escape fulfilling our Karmic Contracts or Agreements, spirit may provide us with many alternative opportunities to work them out... either the "hard way" through life's' "hard knocks"... or the "easy way" through Grace and the healing experience (the later helping you to quickly expedite and resolve many negative energies and “entanglements").
Each individual soul is personally responsible for all we think, say and do, from the beginning to the ends of creation. No matter how far out into space... no matter how fast we run, the energy of our past will always catch up to us. No one can escape from karma, just as no one can escape from themselves (wherever we go, there we are). Some may say this is a cruel joke, but it is actually a brilliant way the universe teaches us to learn and evolve into higher functioning beings. Karma is a sort of built in feedback mechanism, epitomized as "The Golden Rule": "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". This is the personal, universal, eternal lesson of karma.
The Inner Dream
Before a soul can move on and “evolve” to its higher potential, reaching possibilities beyond the limits of human imagination... we must fulfill our "God Contracts" and "Karmic Agreements". These contracts and agreements are like sign posts along our path, beckoning us through our subconscious as nudges, images, messages, feelings and dreams.... ever pointing to a greater purpose.
Clues on what our own purposes are may be found scattered throughout our childhood. Try to remember those moments (as a child) when you were most happy. What were you doing? Write down anything you can remember no matter how silly or stupid you think it to be (such thinking would be your adult "judgmental mind" stepping in - for this exercise put that aside for now). When you have found or remembered something from this time, meditate on it... a lot. This may be your greatest treasure, your greatest clue on what your life is all about. Following the crumbs of these memories and working to make them come true may be one of the greatest things you can honestly do in this life.
We must eventually complete all contracts, "Spiritual" and otherwise (if not in one life time than in another), but due to the power of the ego in this dimension, we can be in a great deal of resistance, rejecting guidance from the higher self and refusing to follow our spiritual path (something everybody incarnated on this planet today has probably to some extent done). Fortunately, Spirit constantly reminds us of why we are really here by first sending us subtle clues and signs as nudges, images, messages, feelings and dreams. They may come through the form of other humans whose designated purpose is to be our spiritual healers and teachers (Spirit works through all people and events on this earth, if not directly than indirectly). If the subtle approach doesn't get our attention (if we are asleep or in rebellion) Spirit will send us some very rude wake up calls (not to be confused with karma) often in the form of near fatal accidents, health problems, financial difficulties, failing relationships, or other dramatic events.
Spirits intent and call is never to harm but only to Wake Us Up !
"Spirit" only wants what is in our highest and best good. Sometimes that means pulling the rug of the world from under our feet so we don't lose our souls.
Balance of Karma and the Ascension of Consciousness
Liberated of all these karmic entanglements and energies (like a balloon released of its earthly tethers), the forces of creation become balanced inside and out... which frees up our inner spirit (ie "aspects") allowing it (or them) to ascend to and merge with a higher level of creation. This energetic balance point is where we feel the inner and outer become as “One” (“If thy eye be single thy whole body is full of light”). This creates feelings of well being, even bliss. When we reach this balance point, our attention, energies (and consciousness) naturally start to move inward towards the spinal channel (or "shushumna"). If that channel is clear and unimpeded, our creative psychic energy and consciousness (also known as the “Kundalini”) can flow through and up.
Since the Kundalini energies are of the created ego-mind and psyche, they can only go up so far into the higher dimensions... beyond which the ascension process becomes not so much about energy as it is about the more subtle astral and etheric aspects still trapped on the lower dimensions of creation.
Incarnation of the Christ
Once all of these aspects are ascended and transmuted, the consciousness of the higher God or Christ Self has a clear pathway to descend or incarnate and merge into the human body, energetically and spiritually manifesting its Divine Self in a physical form.
20 Primary Universal Laws by Dick Sutphen
This topic, broadcast on October 2nd 1987, examines twenty primary Universal laws that when applied, assists us in maintaining the balance in our lives. This is an extract from Dick Sutphen's book "Lighting the Light Within".
The Universe is perfectly balanced by natural and moral laws with regulatory vibrations to maintain order. When you work within the laws you can be assured of an eventual positive outcome. When the laws are transgressed you can be assured of suffering. The only purpose of this is to teach you a better way.
1. The Law of Harmony. This law supersedes even the fundamental law of Karma, for harmony is the supreme potential of balance. The purpose of Karma is to attain harmony. If you throw a rock into a pond you disturb the harmony of the pond. You are the cause, and the effect is the splash and the ripples that flow out and back until harmony is restored. Similarly, your disharmonious actions flow out into the Universe and back upon you, lifetime after lifetime, until eventually your own harmony is restored.
2. The Law of Reincarnation and Karma. Until you have resolved your Karma and fulfilled your Dharma, which are the deeds you must do, you will continue to reincarnate into sequential lifetime upon the earth. Neither God nor the Lords of Karma bestow suffering upon you during these lives. You and you alone decide what you most need to learn in your earthly sojourns. Thus for each life experience you seek out other Souls, often with shared histories, with Karmic configurations that match your needs. Whenever you act with intention you create Karma. Actions are considered to be thoughts, emotions, words and deeds, and the motive, desire and intent behind each. Disharmonious acts must be balanced in the future in this life or in a future lifetime, to have Soul growth.
3. The Law of Wisdom. Wisdom erases Karma. If you have the wisdom to learn your lessons through love and wisdom you can mitigate your suffering. Sadly, we seem to learn the fastest through pain, through directly experiencing the consequences of our actions. As an example, you greedily take from others, and instead of learning through wisdom and love that this is wrong, you have to experience from others someone greedily taking from you, whether later in this life or in a future lifetime.
Example 1: In your last life you were married to a Soul who is your mate today, and whom you cruelly left for another in that previous lifetime. Before you were born into your current life, you agreed to be left by your mate, under similar circumstances—this will allow you to balance your Karma—and directly experience the pain of abandonment. If through the wisdom of Master-Life-Awareness it is easier to detach consciously from the relationship with love, you will ease the pain of parting while also passing your own test, and thus absolving Karma and evolving from within.
Example 2. Assume that you have Astrologically destined a severe relationship test for May of your 35th year. If you have learned through past life awareness, as well as present life learning, to be positive, non-judgmental and without expectations in your relationship you may only experience an argument with your mate on that fateful day in May, but if you haven't learned your past lessons, and have intensified your disharmony during your relationship you might experience a divorce in May of your 35th year.
4. The Law of Grace. Karma can be experienced to the letter of the law or in mercy and grace. In other words if you give love, mercy and grace to others, you will receive the same in return.
5. The Law of Soul Evolution. Everyone on Earth shares the goal of Soul evolution whether they realize it or not. We have reincarnated because we desire to evolve spiritually. By rising above all of our fear based emotions and in so doing learning how to express unconditional love we raise our vibrational rate, and move closer to a state of harmony. Even where it appears that we are not evolving we are in reality making progress. We learn through the pain of our disharmonious acts, which can be viewed as our mistakes or failures. This is the law of Soul evolution.
6. The Law of Bodhisattva. Bodhisattva is a Sanskrit term commonly accepted by most Metaphysical adepts today. It means one who has transcended the need of Earthly incarnations but who has chosen to return to the earth to support others in achieving enlightenment. A Bodhisattva knows he will never really be free until all Souls are free. Most serious students of metaphysics have entered the Bodhisattva Development Stage of their evolution.
7. The Law of Vibrational Attainment. The entire Universe operates on the same principle of vibrational energy. When Einstein discovered that "matter is energy," he opened the door to merging science and metaphysics. Scientists have proven that energy cannot die, it can only transform (reincarnate), and, by its very nature, energy must go forward or backwards; it cannot stand still, for to do so is stagnation, resulting in transformation. You are energy. Your skin, which appears solid, is actually trillions of swiftly moving molecules orbiting each other at a specific vibrational rate; a physical life rate you have earned in the past as a result of how harmoniously—or disharmoniously you have lived your past lives and your current life up until this moment in time. When you are harmonious for a lifetime, you will have attained the highest vibrational rate—the God level.
8. The Law of Free Will. The law of free will operates in three ways.
1. Although many of the major events in your life are Astrologically predestined, you always have free will to mitigate the impact of the event, or to transcend it entirely. This will result from how you live your life up to the situation you have destined for yourself to experience. If you give grace and mercy to others, are positive, loving, compassionate, and demonstrate by your action that you have learned past lessons, you can minimize disharmonious experiences!
2. As you obtain Master of Life awareness and develop conscious detachment, you will be far less affected by worldly events than in the past. A Master of Life enjoys all the warmth and joy that life has to offer, but detaches from the negativity by allowing it to flow through him without affecting him.
3. You always have free will in how you respond to any situation. If you respond with positive emotions, compassion and integrity, you have probably learned your karmic lessons and will not have to experience a similar situation in the future.
9. The Law of One. Every Soul, living and discarnate, is connected at the level of the collective unconscious, deep within the Higher-Self. We are all part of a great energy gestalt called God, and because we are part of God, we are God. It is the goal of the gestalt to move the energy forward, creating more energy. So, in living harmoniously, we each increase our vibrational rate and intensify the vibration of the entire gestalt. When we are disharmonious, we decrease the vibration of the entire gestalt, because we are one. Everything you think, say and do, affects every other Soul.
10. The Law of Manifestation. Everything manifest begins as a thought, an idea. Ideas and experiences create beliefs which in turn, create your reality. If you are unhappy with your current reality, you must change your beliefs and your behavior. Beliefs can be changed when you recognize those that are not working for you, and begin programming what will create success and harmony in your life. The unlimited creative power of your mind, through dedication, awareness and training, can be the wisdom to rise above your Karma. Within physical and spiritual laws, you can manifest any reality you desire to experience. In regard to changing your behavior, you must decide which disharmonious behavior you want to eliminate. Then be aware that you don't have to change how you feel about something to affect it, if you are willing to change what you are doing.
11. The Law of Conscious Detachment. Buddha's earthly teachings are best summarized with one of his statements, "It is your resistance to what is that causes your suffering." and by suffering, he meant everything that doesn't work in your life; relationship problems, loss of loved ones, loneliness, sickness, accidents, guilt, monetary hardship, unfulfilled desires, and so on. When you accept what is, you accept the unalterable realities in your life without resisting them. Some things are facts. They exist, and no matter how much you resist them, there is nothing you are going to be able to do about them. Change what you can change, but have the wisdom to accept unalterable situations as they are, without wasting mental or physical energy attempting to change what you cannot change. Out of acceptance comes involved detachment, which is the ability to enjoy all the positive aspects of life, but to allow the negative to flow through you with out resistance and without affecting you.
12. The Law of Gratitude. From the perspective of Karma and the Law of One, the more you give, the more you will receive. The more you assist others, the more you will assist yourself. The power of this Law also works in your day-to-day life.
13. The Law of Fellowship. When two or more people of similar vibration are gathered for a shared purpose, their combined energy directed to the attainment of that purpose is doubled, tripled, quadrupled or more. This esoteric awareness has been used by covens, esoteric religions, healing groups, and recently, worldwide meditations for world peace.
14. The Law of Resistance. That which you resist you draw to you, and you will perpetuate its influence upon your life. Resistance is fear, so it is something you need to Karmically resolve. The Law of Resistance assures that you let go of the fear by encountering it until you are forced to deal with it by learning conscious detachment.
Example: You may have a strong resistance toward people of the Asian race; Black race, Jewish race, your mother-in-law. Your resistance is fear. The quickest way to overcome that which you fear is through direct experience, thus you will reincarnate as an Asian, Black, Jew, or mother in-law in a future lifetime. When you attain Master of Life awareness and stop resisting [your fear] by consciously detaching from the negativity, the problem will be resolved. Most disharmonious situations are solved through a change in your viewpoint. By changing your perspective, you can usually eliminate the effects of a problem, and if you are no longer affected by a problem, you no longer have a problem, although nothing about the problem situation may have changed. Another aspect of the Law of Resistance states, "That which you resist, you become, if not in this lifetime, then in a future incarnation."
15. The Law of Attraction. "Where your attention goes, your energy flows." You attract what you are and that which you concentrate upon. If you are negative, you draw in and experience negativity. If you are loving, you draw in and experience love. You can attract to you only those qualities you possess. So, if you want peace and harmony in your life, you must become peaceful and harmonious.
16. The Law of Reflection. This Law says that the traits you respond to in others, you recognize in yourself, both positive and negative. It has four primary manifestations:
1. That which you admire in others, you recognize as existing within yourself;
2. That which you resist and react to strongly in others is sure to be found within yourself;
3. That which you resist and react to in others is something which you are afraid exists within you; and,
4. That which you resist in yourself, you will dislike in others.
In other words, you have chosen to incarnate upon the manifest plane to learn to rise above the effect of fear. Those fears will always be reflected in your reactions to others. Thus your goals are very obvious once you recognize how to perceive them. As you let go of the fear, you automatically open to expressing more unconditional love.
17. The Law of Unconditional Love. The expression of unconditional love will eventually result in harmony. Unconditional love is not romantic love. It is the acceptance of others as they are without judgment or expectations. It is total acceptance of others without attempting to change them, except by our own positive example. The Law of Unconditional love says, "If you go out of your way to express unconditional love, you automatically rise above fear, and, as you transcend your fears, you automatically open to the expression of unconditional love.
18. The Law of Magnetic Affinities. By Astrologically choosing the time and place of your birth, you determine the nature or the effects you will experience in your life. On the other side, before we are born, we make decisions about the lifetime we will be entering into. You chose your parents, other souls to interact with you, and the Astrological configurations of your birth which determine your character, personality, abilities, restrictions, and timing for strengths and weaknesses. If all of this seems too complicated to be real, be aware that you are only using five to ten percent of the capacity of your brain. And the brain-mind researchers say the human brain has 200,000 times the capacity of the greatest computer ever built. Such calculations as I've just described would be no problem for such a computer.
19. The Law of Abundance. You have within yourself everything required to make your earthly incarnation a paradise if you choose to accept that which is your divine birth-right. We live in a Universe of abundance, although the majority of those populating our planet appear to view it as a Universe of scarcity.
20. The Law of Divine Order. If you seek to understand the Law of Divine Order, study the natural balance of nature, for it works very much the same way. Everything is as it should be, although mankind (our energy gestalt) is far from experiencing its potential of total harmony. There are no accidents. Your energy, translated into thoughts, words, emotions, and deeds, causes all your experiences. This assures that you always have the learning opportunities you require to resolve your Karma, and, as with you, the collective thoughts, words, emotions, and deeds of mankind create the environment for us all. If enough souls focus their energy upon peace, we will have peace. If the majority of souls are filled with anger, we may all have to experience war. We are all one, and like the many sub-personalities within you, the dominant traits of mankind (the entire gestalt) will emerge to resolve our group Karma.
At this moment, a born-again Christian evangelist preaches fear from a pulpit in West Virginia while a yoga instructor directs a loving group meditation in Oregon. One is directing the energy of the gestalt into disharmony, the other into harmony. Hopefully, at least one can cancel out the other. If we can't attain harmony, maybe we can balance the disharmony. Certainly, as New Ager's, we must not give up, individually or collective. As always, fear is the problem and love is the answer. Your resistance to what is causes your suffering. That's it. It's very simple. There are no exemptions.