How are my girls doing?

PiperLove
Quartz

How are my girls doing?

Postby PiperLove » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:19 am

I'm a fairly new member here, and this is my first post. I've been wanting to ask this, but felt a little shy and awkward about it, and today I am feeling brave so here we go.

I have two deceased cats patiently waiting for our reunion once I head home myself. These cats were with me all through my childhood, teen and a part of my adult years. I adored them sooo much, and they showed the same feelings for me. After I lost them, I didn't think I would ever want another pet, because I didn't want to experience that kind of loss again, but I missed having a cat around and over ten years later I adopted a very shy and timid sweet tabby kitten in December 2012. It took some time for her to warm up to her new home, but she is a very happy cat who knows how much I adore her. I think she kinda likes me too.

My two beautiful deceased girls were very loyal to me all their life, one of them would sometimes get territorial with me. So it crossed my mind that maybe bringing a new cat into my life might not go over that well with them. Is it silly to think that? My cats have visited me a few times since they died, there were times that I've woken up to what felt like a cat walking across my pillow, or jumping on the bed. Perhaps I was just dreaming, but I know it's not impossible. Do they know how much I still love them and miss them, and are they okay with me having another cat in my life?

Please understand that I feel a little ridiculous asking, but it's important to me to know that they don't feel.. replaced, because they never will be. :-??

jazz
Angelite

Re: How are my girls doing?

Postby jazz » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:17 am

I'm a fairly new member here, and this is my first post. I've been wanting to ask this, but felt a little shy and awkward about it, and today I am feeling brave so here we go.

I have two deceased cats patiently waiting for our reunion once I head home myself. These cats were with me all through my childhood, teen and a part of my adult years. I adored them sooo much, and they showed the same feelings for me. After I lost them, I didn't think I would ever want another pet, because I didn't want to experience that kind of loss again, but I missed having a cat around and over ten years later I adopted a very shy and timid sweet tabby kitten in December 2012. It took some time for her to warm up to her new home, but she is a very happy cat who knows how much I adore her. I think she kinda likes me too.

My two beautiful deceased girls were very loyal to me all their life, one of them would sometimes get territorial with me. So it crossed my mind that maybe bringing a new cat into my life might not go over that well with them. Is it silly to think that? My cats have visited me a few times since they died, there were times that I've woken up to what felt like a cat walking across my pillow, or jumping on the bed. Perhaps I was just dreaming, but I know it's not impossible. Do they know how much I still love them and miss them, and are they okay with me having another cat in my life?

Please understand that I feel a little ridiculous asking, but it's important to me to know that they don't feel.. replaced, because they never will be. :-??
Hi Pl,

I understand completly, my beautiful baby of 16 years is in spirit, she was so precious to me, and i loved her so much and i miss her terribly.
She is with me and around me in spirit and i have felt her on the bed with me, i have heard her claw the lounge and end of my bed like she used to do (naughty girl) they do all the things they used to do when they were here so you werent dreaming they pop in to see how we are going and let us know they loved us and were grateful for being looked after and loved. O:-)

Your babies are more than happy you have another pet to love, they know how much you loved them, and they want you to know, they dont feel pushed out or replaced in any way because they still have your love and you have theirs so loved pets and loved ones never feel replaced when we take on a new pet to love or person they know we miss them and often feel guilty about having some one or a new pet come into our lives , but they are wanting you to know they come in at different times to see how the new little one is getting on and to reassure her she is welcome in your home and will be very loved and looked after by you, as your new little one is a bit nervous i feel she likes her quiet time that is in her nature, she will have her moments of racing around but likes to be quiet i could be wrong just what i am being told with her she is so sweet and you both will enjoy each others company and your babies they will look out for her and make her feel very welcome :ymhug:

Its nice to know we can still have our pets around us as they were the bond of love we have not only with our pets and loved ones is very strong and cannot be broken that is why death doesn not seperate us in any way.
We will see them again and be with them again when it is our time to leave this Earth Plane.
I dont know why but i am seeing the movie with Audrey Hepburn Breakfast a t Tiffiny's there was a cat in that movie does it mean anything to you.? watch it if you get the chance to its an old movie (like Me) lol but its
a good one.
Love and light to you both..........jazz. :) Ps, your little one may be fussy with her food i feel she will only like certain things and may throw up what doesnt agree with her.
You dont have to be shy on here we all have problems and things we would like help or guidance with sometimes just to give us some comfort that everything is going to be alright. ;)
I continue to do free of charge, a one question reading. For a more detailed paid reading you can, Send Private Message by clicking on my name.
Blessings jazz :)

PiperLove
Quartz

Postby PiperLove » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Oh my goodness, I didn't expect a reply this quickly. Thank you for taking the time to put my mind at rest about this. I've always wondered how my little sweeties were doing, and never thought I'd ever know. I'd like to respond to some specific parts of your post.
Hi Pl,

I understand completly, my beautiful baby of 16 years is in spirit, she was so precious to me, and i loved her so much and i miss her terribly.
Both of my girls were that age when they moved on too. I kept them in mind when I was searching for a cat to adopt. I wanted a cat that had a unique personality like they did, and my adopted cat most definitely does.
...they do all the things they used to do when they were here so you werent dreaming..
I was sleeping at a hotel once, and in the middle of the night I felt what seemed like a cat jump up on the bed. I even remember stretching my arm out and coming into contact with what felt like a short haired cat, like one of mine. I wasn't sure if I was sleeping or if I was part awake and part asleep, because it was very real. So thank you for assuring me that our pets can visit us anytime... and anywhere.
but they are wanting you to know they come in at different times to see how the new little one is getting on and to reassure her she is welcome in your home and will be very loved and looked after by you, as your new little one is a bit nervous i feel she likes her quiet time that is in her nature, she will have her moments of racing around but likes to be quiet i could be wrong just what i am being told with her she is so sweet...
That is so comforting, and yes, she is nervous at times, she is cautious with everything and everybody, except with me, I am the only one that has her unconditional trust. Perhaps I owe some of that to my feline angels for helping her feel comfortable with me. She does have moments where she has a lot of energy she wants to use, and I am entertained by those moments. She will be two years old in June, so she is no longer of kitten age, but there is still a lot of kitten in her. Yes, she does like to just sit and be quiet, like she is content to be where ever I am at.

This really makes me feel good. Thank you.
I dont know why but i am seeing the movie with Audrey Hepburn Breakfast a t Tiffiny's there was a cat in that movie does it mean anything to you.?
I've never seen the movie, I've always been a fan of the movie Sabrina instead. But I looked up the cat in that movie and what I see from the images is two things. First, the cat is an orange tabby, and my very first cat I ever had as a child was an orange tabby, but I didn't have him very long before he died. Also, my adopted cat, who is currently protesting my choice to be on the computer right now, is a tabby as well, but a brown tabby. Second, the cat in the movie appears to wake up Audrey Hepburn in the same way one of my deceased cats used to wake me up, by standing on my back or stomach and meowing in my face. I would shove her off the bed but she would just meow from the floor. I would then throw a pillow at her and she would meow from the foot of the bed where I couldn't see where to throw the pillow. She was a very smart cat. That's my best guess without seeing the film.
Ps, your little one may be fussy with her food i feel she will only like certain things and may throw up what doesnt agree with her.
Yes, she does seem to be a little fussy, like she just doesn't feel like having that turkey flavored can food that day, or that salmon flavored one, but will eat it most other days. Today it was beef, and she doesn't seem interested in it. She does love her dry food and will sometimes eat it too fast, which causes her to throw up immediately after, but that doesn't happen too often.

Thank you again!! :ymhug:

jazz
Angelite

Postby jazz » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Oh my goodness, I didn't expect a reply this quickly. Thank you for taking the time to put my mind at rest about this. I've always wondered how my little sweeties were doing, and never thought I'd ever know. I'd like to respond to some specific parts of your post.
Hi Pl,

Both of my girls were that age when they moved on too. I kept them in mind when I was searching for a cat to adopt. I wanted a cat that had a unique personality like they did, and my adopted cat most definitely does.
...they do all the things they used to do when they were here so you werent dreaming..
I was sleeping at a hotel once, and in the middle of the night I felt what seemed like a cat jump up on the bed. I even remember stretching my arm out and coming into contact with what felt like a short haired cat, like one of mine. I wasn't sure if I was sleeping or if I was part awake and part asleep, because it was very real. So thank you for assuring me that our pets can visit us anytime... and anywhere.
but they are wanting you to know they come in at different times to see how the new little one is getting on and to reassure her she is welcome in your home and will be very loved and looked after by you, as your new little one is a bit nervous i feel she likes her quiet time that is in her nature, she will have her moments of racing around but likes to be quiet i could be wrong just what i am being told with her she is so sweet...
That is so comforting, and yes, she is nervous at times, she is cautious with everything and everybody, except with me, I am the only one that has her unconditional trust. Perhaps I owe some of that to my feline angels for helping her feel comfortable with me. She does have moments where she has a lot of energy she wants to use, and I am entertained by those moments. She will be two years old in June, so she is no longer of kitten age, but there is still a lot of kitten in her. Yes, she does like to just sit and be quiet, like she is content to be where ever I am at.

This really makes me feel good. Thank you.
I dont know why but i am seeing the movie with Audrey Hepburn Breakfast a t Tiffiny's there was a cat in that movie does it mean anything to you.?
I've never seen the movie, I've always been a fan of the movie Sabrina instead. But I looked up the cat in that movie and what I see from the images is two things. First, the cat is an orange tabby, and my very first cat I ever had as a child was an orange tabby, but I didn't have him very long before he died. Also, my adopted cat, who is currently protesting my choice to be on the computer right now, is a tabby as well, but a brown tabby. Second, the cat in the movie appears to wake up Audrey Hepburn in the same way one of my deceased cats used to wake me up, by standing on my back or stomach and meowing in my face. I would shove her off the bed but she would just meow from the floor. I would then throw a pillow at her and she would meow from the foot of the bed where I couldn't see where to throw the pillow. She was a very smart cat. That's my best guess without seeing the film.
Ps, your little one may be fussy with her food i feel she will only like certain things and may throw up what doesnt agree with her.
Yes, she does seem to be a little fussy, like she just doesn't feel like having that turkey flavored can food that day, or that salmon flavored one, but will eat it most other days. Today it was beef, and she doesn't seem interested in it. She does love her dry food and will sometimes eat it too fast, which causes her to throw up immediately after, but that doesn't happen too often.

Thank you again!! :ymhug:
You are welcome, i am glad you could relate to the reading and it gave you comfort :) .....jazz.
I continue to do free of charge, a one question reading. For a more detailed paid reading you can, Send Private Message by clicking on my name.
Blessings jazz :)

Return to “Missing Pets & Pet Readings”