Will Oscar be ok?

apanda
Celestite

Will Oscar be ok?

Postby apanda » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi

My husband and I got a new dog yesterday - Oscar. I think he is a little unsure about being in a new place with 2 new people that he doesn't know.

I was just wondering if someone can please tell me if he knows that this is now is permanent home and if he is going to be ok settling in here. I am a little worried about leaving him alone during the day when we both go back to work (my husband is on holidays at the moment).

His date of birth is 27/10/2010

I have attached a photo
Attachments
photo1 (640x624) (150x146) (115x112) (100x97) (95x92).jpg
photo1 (640x624) (150x146) (115x112) (100x97) (95x92).jpg (27.97 KiB) Viewed 4089 times

jazz
Angelite

Re: Will Oscar be ok?

Postby jazz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:39 am

Hi

My husband and I got a new dog yesterday - Oscar. I think he is a little unsure about being in a new place with 2 new people that he doesn't know.

I was just wondering if someone can please tell me if he knows that this is now is permanent home and if he is going to be ok settling in here. I am a little worried about leaving him alone during the day when we both go back to work (my husband is on holidays at the moment).

His date of birth is 27/10/2010

I have attached a photo
Hi apanda and Oscar :)
I feel Oscar is quite independant and quite a proud boy he has a personality of his own that you will get to know and he will get to know your personalities also.
I feel Oscar will be quite happy to have his space as his own, but he will look for things to do to amuse himself while you are at work so think of some toys he will amuse himself with including treats hidden in things he has to find himself, and he will like you to play with him too when he feels like it :)
I feel he has a really different personality from any other pet you may have had he is a funny boy in lots of ways and to me from looking at the picture he looks mature somehow and i think he will get set in his ways with things you will get to know each others likes and dislikes and once that is sorted out it will be fine.
Hope that has helped i feel oscar may have a weird habit or some funny way of doing something? :o3
anyway enjoy each other and have lots of good times together :) jazz.
I continue to do free of charge, a one question reading. For a more detailed paid reading you can, Send Private Message by clicking on my name.
Blessings jazz :)

apanda
Celestite

Postby apanda » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi apanda and Oscar :)
I feel Oscar is quite independant and quite a proud boy he has a personality of his own that you will get to know and he will get to know your personalities also.
I feel Oscar will be quite happy to have his space as his own, but he will look for things to do to amuse himself while you are at work so think of some toys he will amuse himself with including treats hidden in things he has to find himself, and he will like you to play with him too when he feels like it :)
I feel he has a really different personality from any other pet you may have had he is a funny boy in lots of ways and to me from looking at the picture he looks mature somehow and i think he will get set in his ways with things you will get to know each others likes and dislikes and once that is sorted out it will be fine.
Hope that has helped i feel oscar may have a weird habit or some funny way of doing something? :o3
anyway enjoy each other and have lots of good times together :) jazz.
Hi Jazz

Thank you for that - it means a lot that you did that for me and Oscar.

Oscar does seem to move around a lot, like he is looking for somewhere to call his own space and lie down and relax.

He does like to play a little bit - he had a little bit of a nut attack last night and he wasn't quite sure when I went to play with him, but he relaxed a little bit in the end.

He has a funny way of showing affection - he is always licking. If he comes for a cuddle, he will lick you. But even if he wants your attention, he will lick you.

He is a little scared and skittish of things at times, but I think he is just not sure about what is going on just yet and not 100% sure why he is here.

Thank you again - I am sure my husband and I will enjoy having Oscar around and I hope Oscar will enjoy being here.

apanda
Celestite

Postby apanda » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:47 pm

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me why Oscar all of a sudden doesn't like going out the back door. He will go through it, if it is left open, and he will go through it if we are going outside and he is fine and happy once in the back yard, but he doesn't like going out the door at any other time.

It is a little frustrating because we need him to go out in the morning when we are going to work.

I know that he might think that we are leaving him - but we will always come back and I hope he realises this.

Can anyone help?

jazz
Angelite

Postby jazz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 am

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me why Oscar all of a sudden doesn't like going out the back door. He will go through it, if it is left open, and he will go through it if we are going outside and he is fine and happy once in the back yard, but he doesn't like going out the door at any other time.

It is a little frustrating because we need him to go out in the morning when we are going to work.

I know that he might think that we are leaving him - but we will always come back and I hope he realises this.

Can anyone help?
Hi Apanda,
How's Oscar doing? :o3
The first thing that i was told by spirit was he feels shut out with that door , he is ok when it is open, like you said because he can come and go, and he is ok when he see's you both out the back through an open door, but when he cant see you :( and knows once that door is closed you are gone he feels shut out, poor baby, can you make a doggy door for him :o3 :) so he can get into part of the house so he wont feel so shut out, in time he will know you come home to him, and play with him in the yard that is his happy time with you, do you give him a treat before you leave and does he have lots of squeeky toys and things to play with?
anyway just some things to consider our doggies are like children in many ways and they are our babies i am nanna to my daughters doggies :o3 :o3 i love to see them and they love to see me,they love all the attention and tummy tickles they get from me and they know i always have a stash of treats for them, then i have to deal with my jealous cat who gives them filthy looks when ever they rock up for a visit lol or a sleep over :))
take care and you too oscar jazz. :)
I continue to do free of charge, a one question reading. For a more detailed paid reading you can, Send Private Message by clicking on my name.

apanda
Celestite

Postby apanda » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Apanda,
How's Oscar doing? :o3
The first thing that i was told by spirit was he feels shut out with that door , he is ok when it is open, like you said because he can come and go, and he is ok when he see's you both out the back through an open door, but when he cant see you :( and knows once that door is closed you are gone he feels shut out, poor baby, can you make a doggy door for him :o3 :) so he can get into part of the house so he wont feel so shut out, in time he will know you come home to him, and play with him in the yard that is his happy time with you, do you give him a treat before you leave and does he have lots of squeeky toys and things to play with?
anyway just some things to consider our doggies are like children in many ways and they are our babies i am nanna to my daughters doggies :o3 :o3 i love to see them and they love to see me,they love all the attention and tummy tickles they get from me and they know i always have a stash of treats for them, then i have to deal with my jealous cat who gives them filthy looks when ever they rock up for a visit lol or a sleep over :))
take care and you too oscar jazz. :)
HI Jazz

I think Oscar is doing ok - he seems to be settling in and is happy.

I just worry about him from time to time - especially while I am at work.

I think I can understand why he feels shut out - and that would explain why he starts to whine when he is left outside for too long and he knows we are home, but that is certainly not our intention.

We do play with him - when we get home from work and in the evenings. Hopefully this will relieve some of the insecurities that he is feeling. We do give him treats (however not when we leave for work - will this make him a little happier and less likely to fret?) and he loves getting them.

I do wish that he would listen to us a little more and obey us - like come when we call and sit when he tell him to. he is a good dog and does what he is told, but only when it suits him.

I hope that he settles in soon and realises that he is a part of this family and he will never be shut out.

apanda
Celestite

Postby apanda » Wed May 11, 2016 8:18 pm

I hope someone can help

I just need to know that Oscar is ok and being looked after and is finally happy and settled.

I left my marriage in May 2013 and had limited time with Oscar after that - it got to the point that it hurt too much to see him, so I stopped going around to the house to see him. So, know I have no idea where he is or who he is with. I am assuming that my ex got rid of him, but I don't know.

I think about him often and hope he knows that I did love him, and that I wanted what was best for him. Even more so late last year when my current partner and I got a dog (Rusty), cause a couple of times I called him Oscar.

I just want him to be happy and with a loving family.

jazz
Angelite

Postby jazz » Thu May 12, 2016 1:18 am

It is sad that you had to part :( if you are still thinking of him a lot even although you have a new doggie now, and life perhaps you could make some inquiries to put your mind at ease about him.
Be reassured that any love, kindness and care given to our pets is never forgotten by them even if circumstances change they will never forget how much we loved them regardless of where they may be or who they are with they understand more than we know.

Blessings jazz.

apanda
Celestite

Postby apanda » Thu May 12, 2016 2:05 am

It is sad that you had to part :( if you are still thinking of him a lot even although you have a new doggie now, and life perhaps you could make some inquiries to put your mind at ease about him.
Be reassured that any love, kindness and care given to our pets is never forgotten by them even if circumstances change they will never forget how much we loved them regardless of where they may be or who they are with they understand more than we know.

Blessings jazz.
Unfortunately I can't. I wouldn't know where to begin and I have no contact with my ex at all..

I'll be positive and think of him in a loving home

Return to “Missing Pets & Pet Readings”