Orbs (Controversy Warning)

Orbs (Controversy Warning)

Postby Anarchrox » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:55 pm

I have a fair bit of photographic experience and 99.9999% of all orbs I have seen in photos are dust and water particles or small bugs lit up by a camera's flash.

In one experiment, I (with a 3.2 megapixel happy snapper) and a fellow photographer friend of mine (with a 8 megapixel Canon DLSR with dust filter function) took photos at night and both using the flash. We took simultaneous photos of the same spots and my crappy camera had gotten tonnes of orbs where the higher quality camera did not. That camera was designed to remove dust and crap from the images. There are times an SLR or digital SLR may capture the same dust/water/bug particles however it is less frequent than the poorer counterparts.

How many people, without the flash, actually capture orb activity? Not many. Why? The flash is lighting up dust and water particles which airborne. It may also be noted that a lot of these occur at night where a flash may better light up said particles.

Even if an orb emits its own source of light, it may be a static or electro magnetic anomaly which do occur naturally under the right circumstances.

In summing, don't get excited about orbs until you have considered all the facts. If it emits its own light source, jump for joy, if it doesn't, throw it out.
Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant.

Re: Orbs (Controversy Warning)

Postby solo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:16 am

Yes I agree with all you say, in fact I explained to a woman once on another site that the majority of times when photo's are taken, dust particles are captured on the film which shows up as an orb. (different sizes and colours) Well, she didn't like my comment and she outrightly told me so. Though there are genuine orbs no doubt about it, but one must be sensible when deciphering the true ones from dust particles.

This is a good post Anarchrox which does educate people who get carried away with themselves when seeing an orb in a photo.

Re: Orbs (Controversy Warning)

Postby Truthseeker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 pm

This is an interesting post I agree. I find orbs fascinating. I recently went to Paris and my daughter took a picture of the Eiffel Tower at night from her digital camera and used it as her screensaver. When I looked at it I noticed all these circles that looked like orbs floating around the Eiffel Tower, I kept telling her to send it to me but she kept laughing at me telling me "MUM THEY ARE NOT ORBS!!". Normally the child will be a believer and the parent will be a skeptic but it's the other way around with me n her even though she has seen ghosts herself (I don't know!!). Anyway I would have loved to have posted it, if I can only get my hands on it. I think perhaps they may have just been dust particles as you have stated but it really made me wonder when I thought about the catacombs in Paris (kilometres of underground tunnels made with the bones/skulls of the deceased human remains). Cause many people who have been to the catacombs have witnessed many paranormal experiences. Funny it's meant to be the city of love but it's also the city of the dead, lol. =))

Return to “Ghosts”