Police worker wins psychic ruling

Chris Roubis
Angelite

Police worker wins psychic ruling

Postby Chris Roubis » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:03 pm

A police employee sacked for claiming psychics should be used to crack crimes has won a landmark ruling that his views should be seen as a faith.

Alan Power, 62, of Merseyside, claimed he was forced out of his job with Greater Manchester Police because of his spiritualist views in October 2008.

An employment tribunal rejected a police authority appeal his beliefs did not amount to religious views.

A hearing on 23 November is due to rule on if he was forced out of his job.

'Worthy of respect'

Mr Power said he believed psychics could contact people after their death and help in the investigation of crime.

He said his beliefs stemmed back to his childhood when he saw "ghosts".

At a previous hearing in Manchester, a tribunal judge had ruled Mr Power's viewpoint was "capable of being religious beliefs" and was covered by the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003.

Mark Hill QC, from the Greater Manchester Police Authority, said the ruling could open the "floodgates" for a series of similar claims.

The hearing in London was told spiritualism was the eighth largest faith group in Britain, with 32,000 people claiming allegiance, according to the 2001 Census.

Outside the tribunal, Mr Power spoke of his delight at the judge's decision.

"It's fantastic," he said. "It proves that spiritualism is a religion worthy of respect.

"I haven't claimed any costs. I'm not claiming compensation. It's about hurt feelings. I expect my religion to be respected."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 357813.stm
Reverend Chris Roubis
My main spirit guides:
Chief Sitting Bull, Chief White Eagle, Chief Oconostota, Chief Eagle Eyes, Chief Eagle Tomahawk. Chief White Tail

solo
Celestite

Re: Police worker wins psychic ruling

Postby solo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:58 pm

I have always given thought on this Chris and even discussed it with my wife on many occasions - (why do they not use a reputable psychic when they have no leads). What's the harm ? If I was an atheist ... agnostic or whatever, if a psychic claims they might be able to help in a matter, I would go all out for it with open arms.

Chris, I want to send you a link I just received, but cant find your email address. I clicked onto your website but it doesn't open, instead a man's voice on radio is heard. This link is very interesting, if you think others on this site might like it, then I leave it up to you.

Chris Roubis
Angelite

Postby Chris Roubis » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:28 pm

So many cases have been solved by psychics, yet many police departments would rather make everyone believe that they solved it, instead of a psychic.

look at America who are miles in front of any other country. Many crime departments use genuine psychics to solve missing cases. There are many tv series, one I can remember is called psychic detectives.. you may be able to watch it on youtube.com.

Just one old example of a very well known lady and a TV series called Medium, based on some of her experiences is Allison Dubois. She worked for many many years helping police.. but even with her well known abilities, she is still smeared by non believers.

here is my email address chris(at)psychics.org.au
Reverend Chris Roubis
My main spirit guides:
Chief Sitting Bull, Chief White Eagle, Chief Oconostota, Chief Eagle Eyes, Chief Eagle Tomahawk. Chief White Tail

Muina
Quartz

Postby Muina » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:03 pm

I think that could well be useful! True justice could be served, and if they think ( urrh the importance of the brain over everything else ) about their costs, then they will comparably save money instead of wastiing money and time and resources! The ecological consequences are holistic, of believing the people who know and believe the spiritual realm!

Return to “Psychic News Stories”