Swinburne University of Technology

ilab16
Quartz

Postby ilab16 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Dear everyone,
I hope this finds you all well. I am a researcher interested in understanding the beliefs, including paranormal and usual beliefs, that people in the general populations hold. This is a fascinating topic, but also a topic that will help research into mental health problems. There as been an excess of focus on clinical populations and their unusual beliefs, and therefore a lack of research has gone into understanding beliefs in the general population which seems to be similar but not pathological. I am particularly interested in people who take part in spiritual and well-being activities - hence why I am contacting you and why I am also interested in these forum discussions.
If you would like to help with this research, and you are between the ages of 18 and 40 years, you will be required to complete a short 20min survey online that is anonymous. There are no benefits in helping out with the research other than providing you with an interesting research experience. If interested, please see invite and link below.
Your help with be appreciated. Kind regards.

----invite----
Hello,

I am looking for healthy individuals (18-40 years old) to help me with my research project I am conducting as part of my Postgraduate degree in Psychology. The project is looking at the beliefs that people from the general population have about unusual experiences (i.e. paranormal beliefs).

You will be required to complete an online questionnaire which will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. You can find the survey and more information at the following link:
http://opinio.online.swin.edu.au/s?s=10168

Please note that participation is voluntarily and your information will remain anonymous. This project has been approved by Swinburne University Human Research Ethics Committee.

In addition, please feel free to recommend this to friends as it would help me with recruitment.

Chris Roubis
Angelite

Postby Chris Roubis » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:59 pm

I am a researcher interested in understanding the beliefs, including paranormal
If you are trully interested, you could watch youtube videos on this subject to learn from.
Also visit a spiritual church in your area to experience things for yourself.

http://spiritualistchurch.com.au/churches

http://www.spiritualist.tv/churches/au/victoria/

I for one, am not interested in helping you get a credit for your state education about mental health problems... go visit a Psych Ward, be careful they may not let you back out :))

Those who are not open to the Metaphysical World are truly the ones with mental health problems.
Rev. Chris Roubis named Chief Little Horn... by my guides.
(main spirit guide) Chief White Eagle, (other guides) Chief Sitting Bull, Chief Oconostota, Chief Eagle Eyes, Chief Eagle Tomahawk. Chief White Tail. Chief White Feather and more. Biblical tribes Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Dan and Naphtal, Manasseh... were Aegean Greek tribes.

ilab16
Quartz

Re: I need help with my research

Postby ilab16 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:11 am

For one, I am a spiritual person, my familiarity of the church is extensive, but so is my experience in psych wards. Both of these topics are of utmost seriousness, and which cannot be taken for granted or laughed at.
Those who are not open to mental health truly show the first signs of psychosis, i.e., a lack of insight.

totor
Quartz

Postby totor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:26 am

+1 to ilab16 !

totor
Quartz

Postby totor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 am

@Chris,

You are right, ilab you should listen to him when he says that you can learn about psych wards watching videos on youtube :

Chris Roubis
Angelite

Postby Chris Roubis » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:03 pm

For one, I am a spiritual person, my familiarity of the church is extensive, but so is my experience in psych wards. Both of these topics are of utmost seriousness, and which cannot be taken for granted or laughed at.
Those who are not open to mental health truly show the first signs of psychosis, i.e., a lack of insight.
Then stick to the church ilab, and stop bashing others with different beliefs and exoeriences, trying to prove they have mental problems...

totor seems to have all the answers, ask him to help you with your research =))

Why do you want spirituality to be serious... is it because it doesn't follow the churches beliefs, so you must link it to mental health?

Totor or is it Tosser?

Your fist post in this forum and you are already twisting everything I said..I bet your one of ilab16 college mates... talk to me when you decide to stop hiding behind a nic [-x

Yep Totor's IP is traced to http://www.med.monash.edu.au/
I'll give you the best advice that anyone has ever given you totor, quit your studies... you will still be a bum looking for work even after you graduate.

Here is something for the both of you to take seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... pZtX32sKVE
Rev. Chris Roubis named Chief Little Horn... by my guides.
(main spirit guide) Chief White Eagle, (other guides) Chief Sitting Bull, Chief Oconostota, Chief Eagle Eyes, Chief Eagle Tomahawk. Chief White Tail. Chief White Feather and more. Biblical tribes Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Dan and Naphtal, Manasseh... were Aegean Greek tribes.

Return to “Chat room”